Nov , 2013
A Brief Overview Of Cummins Onan Power Generators
Generators manufactured by Cummins Onan are available for a wide variety of commercial, recreational, and residential power requirements. The company has been conducting business since the 1920’s. In that time, it has designed and manufactured a full line of generators that can be used for practically any purpose.
Cummins Power produces a very wide range of generators for numerous applications that include:
- Diesel Generators for commercial and industrial use
- Commercial/Industrial generators that are spark ignited and powered by natural gas or propane
- Commercial/Industrial lean-burn gas powered generators with very low emissions and designed for primary
power and combined power/heat applications.
- Residential Generators fuelled by propane or natural gas
- Light commercial generators fuelled by propane, natural gas, or diesel
- Commercial Mobile petrol, diesel, hydraulic, propane and PTO generators
- Diesel Generators for marine use
- RV/Mobile propane, petrol, and diesel fuelled generators
- Commercial Generators that are High Horsepower for high demand commercial/industrial applications
- DCC (Data Centre Continuous) Rating Generators
These generators provide a lot of flexibility in the way they are utilised. They can be fuelled by natural gas, propane, diesel, or petrol. They are designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
You can never be certain when a power outage will occur. Whether you reside in an urban or rural setting, there is always the possibility that power will go out. This will be particularly burdensome if there is a power outage that affects your business,which can cost you substantially in terms of lost revenue and potential product spoilage. Therefore, an Cummins Onan generator could end up saving you’re a substantial amount of money and inconvenience.
Cummins Onan power generators are also quite affordable. They provide an excellent value to consumers. For example, the RS20A residential generator. This is a 200 amp generator and it is designed with a switch for automatic transfers. It has an enclosure design that is patented, and it’s manufactured in the United States.
This generator also manages loads automatically. Therefore, you don’t have to closely monitor it as it is operating. It will manage the loads in your household intuitively and automatically. It also has remote internet monitoring so it can be started and stopped from any location that has internet connectivity.
Several popular features offered with this generator include:
- Powerful engine starting capacity
- Excellent frequency control
- Minimal maintenance
- Quiet operation
- Polymer installation base that is moulded for ease of installation
- On board self-diagnostic system
- Low Emissions
Another model that is quite popular is the Cummins Onan residential standby generator. This generator is quite versatile and it can be fuelled by natural gas or propane. Installation is quite easy for this generator, regardless of the fuel source. Similar to other Cummins Onan residential generators, it has an enclosure that is patented in order to ensure quiet operation. This generator is made from high quality aluminium and polypropylene for excellent protection from corrosion.
If you plan on operating this generator in a cold climate there is an available cold start kit. It is generally used in areas where the temperature can fall below – 5 degrees C.
These are examples of two of several Cummins Onan residential generators. If you are the owner of an RV, you will be happy to know that Cummins Onan also make high quality RV generators.
Regardless of the type of generator you require, Cummins Onan is the manufacturer that you will want to consider first. These generators are ideally suited for any standby power requirements. They are produced for residential, commercial, industrial, RV/mobile, and marine applications.